Skip to the content


Carnoustie Panmure began their defence of the Midlands League title with the biggest win of the day, beating Brechin Vics 5-0 at Victoria Park. Carnoustie were without a number of players, like many other sides, due to holidays and work commitments but started on the front foot and had the ball in the back of the net after just seven minutes but Pat Martin was adjudged to have been offside, however, Martin did mange to put his side in front on 20 minutes, getting his head to a Kieran Conway cross. Carnoustie continued to dominate but didn’t find a second goal until Fraser found the back of the net after he blocked a clearance that came back off the post and reacted quicker to poke the ball over the line. The Gowfers continued to dominate after the break and skipper, Ryan Roche nodded the third home on 64 minutes before sixteen year old substitute Rhys Hoon was on hand at the back post to score his first goal for the club. The icing on the cake came on 87 minutes when another product of the youth system. Jack Chalmers slipped a sumptuous reverse pass through to Fraser who made no mistake for his second and Carnoustie’s fifth goal.

Broughty Athletic were comfortable winners over Tayport at the Quest Precision Arena, with their performance deserving better than the 2-0 victory. Brad Smith was the architect of the victory, scoring the first goal for Darren Scott’s side on 16 minutes and then doubling the advantage from the spot on 66 minutes.

There was an exciting end to the game between Downfield and Dundee East Craigie at Downfield Park with the Spiders edging out last seasons league runners up, 2-1. Downfield led 1-0 at half time thanks to Joe Colquhoun’s strike, five minutes before the break but Lee Cameron looked to have won a point for East Craigie on 82 minutes but the home side weren’t done and won the game on 87 minutes through a goal from Callum McLeary.

Lochee Harp looked to have pinched a point against ten man Dundee North End at North End Park only for The Dokens to win the game deep into stoppage time. Frankie Devine had given North End the lead just before half time but Craig Low levelled things up with fifteen minutes to go for Alan McSkimming’s side. When Kris Rollo received a second yellow card with eight minutes to go it looked like the game would end level but North End won it in the third minute of stoppage time when Blair Mudie turned the ball into his own net.

Coupar Angus had to come from behind to beat Dundee St James at Fairfield Park after the visitors had taken the lead. Lee Roeleveld put Coupar Angus in front after 19 minutes only for Josh McLaughlin to equalise for St James just six minutes later from the penalty spot. Five minutes into the second half and St James were in front through Sandy Buchan but two goals in six minutes from Marc Percy on the hour and Kieran Dolan on 66 minutes saw the visitors take all three points

There was a dramatic end to the game at Westview Park with the sides both ending with ten men and two very late penalties. Forfar United took the lead on the half hour through Fraser Kemp and held on to their lead until the break. United were reduced to ten men on 57 minutes when Elliot Kidd was sent off and Kirrie Thistle took advantage and equalised on 67 minutes through substitute Bryan Duell from the penalty spot. The numbers were levelled up on 87 minutes when Ben Starkey was sent off but Kirrie looked to have won the game on 89 minutes through a second Duell spot kick. The visitors had other ideas and grabbed a point deep into stoppage time, incredibly from the games third penalty, converted by Kieran Crichton

Lochee United had to settle for a draw in their season opener against Arbroath Vics at Thomson Park. Logan Davie gave Lochee the lead on 53 minutes but Vics grabbed a point with an equaliser from Connor McFarlane on 83 minutes.

Dundee Violet opened their campaign with a 2-0 victory at Davie Park against Blairgowrie with Greg Breen scoring on 67 and 87 minutes to secure his sides three points and Letham also got off to a good start away from home, winning 2-1 at Strathmore Park against Forfar West End. West End scored a controversial opener on 39 minutes when a free kick was blocked by a West End player and fell to Dylan Stephen who slotted the ball home with the Letham players claiming offside. The second half was a scrappy affair, and it wasn’t until the 77th minute that Aaron Galletly powerfully headed home a Dale Smart corner. The visitors were pushing for a winner, and it came with five minutes remaining, Dale Smart sliding the ball past the West End keeper after a great pass from Mark Shaw.