Skip to the content


The stage is set for Wednesday nights top two clash at Thomson Park after both Carnoustie Panmure and Lochee United were comfortable winners on Saturday afternoon.

Carnoustie Panmure continued their good start to the season and made it seven wins from seven with a dominant display to beat Broughty Athletic at Laing Park. The Gowfers goals both came in an impressive first half performance, Dale Reid put his side in front with a quality finish on 15 minutes but his strike was usurped by Connor Coupe on 31 minutes as he shrugged off the attentions of the referee before curling a beautiful strike in to the far corner of Sean Diamond’s goal from 25 yards. In the second half Carnoustie controlled the game without letting Broughty near the Gowfers goal apart from one occasion but Jamie Robbie was in top form to get down at the bottom of his post.

Lochee United maintained their unbeaten run at the Canniepairt against Tayport but it was the stereotypical game of two halves, that could have seen a different outcome. Tayport took a deserved lead through Dayle Robertson after 20 minutes and should have gone on to extend their lead but the game turned a minute before half time when a clever free kick manoeuvre saw Danny Cavanagh equalise for the visitors. After the break it was all Lochee and George Shields went in front on 56 minutes through Ewan Murray before confirming the win and three points with a Kevin Milne goal on 81 minutes and then with a minute to go George Johnston made it four.

Dayle Robertson celebrates putting Tayport in front

Pictures by Scott Pearce, Tayport FC

Dundee East Craigie are level on points with Lochee United, having played a game more after they won 7-3 against Scone Thistle at Farquharson Park. Scone took an early lead through Torran Juggins on three minutes but Craigie were level through Grady McGrath after 12 minute and the visitors went in at the break in front after Lee Cameron made it 2-1 just before half time. East Craigie came out for the second half like a train and within five minutes of the restart were 5-1 in front through Adam Brown (46), McGrath (48) and Rory Faulkner (49). Scone showed their were not totally out of it as Sean Hastie pulled a goal back on 57 minutes and Kairn Brand added a third on the hour. Craigie were in no mood to surrender their lead and Grady McGrath completed his hat trick on 69 minutes and it was all over when Juggins was shown a second yellow card and sent off on 82 minutes. Adam Brown put the icing on the cake when he scored his second and his sides seventh goal with eight minutes remaining.

Forfar West End have surprised many Non-League experts with their unbeaten start to the season and that continued with a 1-1 draw against Dundee North End at North End Park. Both of the games goals came towards the end of the first half, Rikki Gillespie putting West End in front on 37 minutes only for North End to level it up through Ryan Smith, a minute before half time.

West Ends neighbours Forfar United took their first win of the season in emphatic style as they won 6-2 at home to Coupar Angus at Guthrie Park. Kieran Crighton and Calum Boath both scored twice for United alongside goals from Connor Birse and Zack Williams. The Coupar Angus goals came from a John Black penalty and Lewis McNaughton

Arbroath Vics won the Victoria Derby at Brechin Vics, Victoria Park and the home side ended the game with ten men. Cammy Fraser put Brechin in front after 20 minutes but Josh Chalmers equalised just before half time. Within three minutes of the restart Eddie Grays Arbroath side were in front through Dean Hardie. Brechin were reduced to ten men in stoppage time when Lawrie Mitchell was sent off.

Dundee Violet took bragging rights from the Dundee Derby against Downfield at Glenesk Park with a 1-0 victory. Elliot McCafferty scored his first goal for The Pansies in the first half and in the second half the Violet defence, well marshalled by goalkeeper Fraser Burnett stood firm against intense pressure from the visitors.

Lochee Harp bounced back from their disappointing midweek defeat to Forfar West End with a fine 3-1 win at home to Kirriemuir Thistle. Dom Blair put Harp in front on the half hour and Sean Tucker added a second on 41 minutes. Kirrie pulled a goal back a minute before the break through Craig Batchelor but Harp restored the advantage with what proved to be the goal that secured the points on 48 minutes through Kieran Egan.