Skip to the content

Whitletts Vics : News & Match Report


Vics skipper Raymond Buchanan had seven stitches in a head wound after Saturday's victory at Arthurlie.

Buchanan suffered a deep gash cut to his forehead after a clash of heads with his defensive partner Jordan Mullen in the opening minutes of the match but after being patched up, continued to play on throughout the remaining 80 minutes of the game, producing a Man of the Match performance in which he even scored Vics third goal of the match with a HEADER!


Whitletts Victoria have signed 20 year old defender Graeme Condon from Bonnyton Thistle.

The 20 year old, who made his debut as a second half substitute in Wednesday's match against Rutherglen can play in a variety of positions and three seasons' experience of junior football, latterly with Saltcoats before joining the South of Scotland League side.

Manager George Grierson is delighted with the signing.

"Graeme is a versatile player who can play upfront or in defence and his height is a worry for every defence at set plays."

"He played under me at Muirkirk and at Saltcoats and I'm delighted that he has agreed to join the squad that we are building here at Whitletts where I'm sure that he will prove to be a valuable asset."


There's a potential £4,300 Jackpot up for grabs this week in the club lottery, sponsored by Arthur Street Kitchen/Hollybush Inn/Stage Door Café.

The draw was made on Saturday by Arthurlie committee member Sarah Coubrough who picked out numbers 16, 18, 23 and 30, with Joan Samson winning a consolation prize for having 3 of the winning numbers.

To have a chance of winning this weeks jackpot, you can play online at or purchase your ticket at one of the many shops and stores throughout the town. Alternatively if your would like to subscribe and set up a standing order form, contact Andrew on 07834 903735


Whitletts Victoria Amateurs opened their new league season by sharing the points in a 3-3 draw with Minishant, with striker Tony Balfour scoring hat trick.


The Clubs' charity arm, Vics in the Community (VIC) are continuing to develop their community work by establishing free coaching classes for local kids.

Presently coaching centres for 5-12 year olds are held on a Tuesday and Thursday evening from 6-8pm at Braehead Primary and Newton Primary MUGA’s. Please pop along.


Whitletts Victoria picked up their first points of the season with this stunning win over Arthurlie at Dunterlie Park.

It was a magnificent performance from Vics from back to front and any one of the starting eleven could have picked up the Man of the Match award that went to Captain Courageous who despite suffering a serve cut in a clash of heads with team mate Jordan Mullen, played on the entire 90 minutes and inspired his side to victory.

Another bonus for Vics was the availability of striker Graeme Barbour, a key player in Vics promotion push last season but who will miss most of this season due to work commitments. And it was fitting that it was the Barrhead based striker who opened the scoring against his former club in the 10th minute. Down to ten men with Buchanan off the field for treatment, a long kick out by Martin Fraser, Adam Forsyth flicked the ball into the box but defender Joe Doyle wasn’t aware of Barbour’s presence and the Vics striker nipped in to knock the ball past Stephen McPhee.

Vics had started the match well with Thomas Donovan just failing to get on the end of a deep cross into the box.

Though Arthurlie had plenty of possession. they rarely looked like scoring with a Derek McNab free kick that went wide of the angle the only serious threat on Martin Fraser’s goal. Vics’ were well marshalled at the back but Vics were carrying a threat going forward and right on half time they doubled their advantage. A superb through ball from Callum Ogston set Forsyth clear and the striker kept his cool to fire past McPhee.

Whitletts came out in the second period looking for the third goal that would have killed the game and although Donovan, Forsyth and Louis Kerr had chances the ‘Lie defence held firm and they worked their way back into the game with Lee Roulston firing wide while Jamie Docherty saw his header flash narrowly past the angle.

At the other end Donovan again almost got on the end of a Ewart cross but couldn’t connect but in the 72nd minute, it was the visitors who found the net to go three up. A Louis Kerr free kick into the box found his brother Isaac whose header back across goal found skipper Raymond Buchanan who put his heavily bandaged head onto the ball to head home from close range.

The game was over as a contest and Louis Kerr saw his shot come back off the post but in the 79th minute the midfielder released Adam Forsyth who again kept his cool to lob the ball over the advancing keeper for Whitletts fourth of the afternoon.

Ten minutes from the end Marty Fraser had to save at full stretch to deny a low Roulston drive but that was the only save the Vics No1 had to make all afternoon as he was well protected by a resolute defence.

An outstanding team performance from Whitletts which will set the benchmark for the remainder of the season and will set them up nicely going into Wednesday night’s trip to Premiership cracks Irvine Meadow in the League Cup.

1. McPhee 2. Forbes 3. Bradley 4. Doyle 5. Etherston 6. Molloy 7. Bohme (Moffat 64) 8. Roulston 9. Barrowman 10. Docherty 11. McNab
Subs (not used) 12. Wilson 14. Gray 16. O’Halloran 17. Stark

Whitletts Victoria
1. Fraser 2. Ogston 3. Ewart 4. Mullen 5. I.Kerr 6. Buchanan 7. L. Kerr 8. Millar 9. Forsyth (Dempsey 89) 10. Barbour (Condon 68) 11. Donovan
Subs (not used) 12. Milligan 16. Anderson

Referee: Chris Rae